C4 Forums | Control4

Drivers and Discrete IR codes.

rtavk4

So I am kinda new to this whole deal and was hoping someone could point me in the right direction. Most of the new equipment I run into often does not have Drivers written for it already. Not a big problem as making a new driver is not too bad.. but finding discrete IR codes is kinda tough. Does anyone have any pointers, good places to look, c41 or HEX driver sites etc.

Right now I happen to be in search of discrete power codes if any for Cisco RNG-150 (comcast HD cable box), I was able to find discrete codes for my Pioneer VSX-9040THX in HEX which I am about to try out .

thanks in advance.

If you haven't found this site yet here is a link to RemoteCentral:

http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin/files/rcfiles.cgi?area=pronto&db=discrete

Cable boxes are hard to find discrete power codes for. Either you have to leave them on all the time, (which is what I do) or use power sensing via a video sense loop, or a wireless outlet switch which has power sensing capabilities. You can also set a key on the SR250 remote, like the * or # key to toggle the power for the cable box.

Google is a good place to find discrete codes once in a while as well.

Good luck.

Edit: One IR Hex code I am looking for is for "Just Scan" picture aspect for Samsung LN46A650 LCD TV. If anyone has stumbled across it please let me know. Thanks!

Archived