C4 Forums | Control4

NeoPro Concord

Hello,

Please could somebody tell me if any setup is needed to switch on the SPDIF inputs/outputs for a NeoPro Concord?

I can connect analog phono inputs from a BD Player and the sound is fine out of the Cat5e ports. However, if I plug the coax-digital lead in from the BD Player to the Concord there is no output. I know there is audio from the BD player digital-coax because I can plug it directly into a receiver and there is the audio.

It seems like the Concord has to be setup to switch the digital input/output on. Any help would be appreciated guys.

I am using the Control4 Concord driver Type 1.

Cheers.

Thanks for the reply.

The outputs are over cat5e to Hornets which have both Digital and analog outputs.

I am connecting the analog outputs, via hornets, to TVs and they work fine but the output to a receiver, via a hornet, is not. Although I do know that the BD player is definitely outputting thru the digi-coax. So it is definitely the case that the Concord is either not taking in the coax-digital or not outputting it through the hornets.

The sound is coming out of the analog stereo but not out of the coax.

If I plug the BD player stereo cables into the Concord I get the output from the Concord.

If I plug the BD player coax into the Concord I get no sound. I know there is sound out of the BD player coax because if I plug it into the receiver I get sound.

It is almost as if the Digi-coax input or output is isabled and that only the analog input and output is enabled.

are the binding in the c4 program for both analog and digital ?

I have used these are there two separate drivers for them - check which one you are using and check bindings ....there is nothing in the concord to enable dig coax -- it just works if everything else is set up ..

Thanks Brian.

The driver I am using is the Type 1 driver as displayed on the NeoPro website and the comments inside the c4i file suggests it is the correct one for using digi-coax.

I can't remember what the bindings are at the moment but if as you say there is no set up for gigital-coax or analog then I presume that audio should be present on both simultaneously. So really the bindings from the Concord to the Receiver should have no effect as long as the Receiver is set up to receive digital audio.

I will check these though Brian, it does look like it might be either a faulty hornet or input port on the Concord perhaps.

Thanks again.

Archived