C4 Forums | Control4

manual NAS movie scan yields no genre

I have all of my movies on a NAS system. All different types (ifo, avi, mkv, etc) When I use ComposerME 1.7.4 to scan for DVDs, it finds most of my DVDs and puts all the information, along with the Genre, into the database. However, there are a few DVDs that don't come across perfectly, so I have to do a manual search. All the other types of files I have to do a manual scan and search on...and that's where the problems lie...

Upon doing a manual search for movies, the listing ALWAYS comes up blank in the Artist and Genre columns.

For instance, if I do a search for "Next," the listing will appear with all of the choices for the movie showing their coverart, but for all of the listings, the Artist and Genre colums are blank. If I manually fill in the fields after selecting the appropriate coverart, all is well. However, when the majority of my movies are manually scanned, and having over 400 movies...what a PITA to have to look at IMDB for every movie to get the proper Genre listing and then input that into the field.

Anyone else have this same issue? Any help is GREATLY appreciated!!!

I have a HC-300 @ 1.7.4.36 and all my other components are up-to-date.

Archived