C4 Forums | Control4

Media Controller Zigbee Crash

I've definately had a Home Theater Controller with a screwed up zigbee server. Regular q's: did you just update? is the zigbee server enabled? how long was it running before the problem. Best bet return it for a new one pronto.

AS2

• 2 weeks later...

I had a similar problem today - I was able to identify everything via zigbee, but then after about an hour, the zigbee server seemed to stop responding. After disabling and reenabling the server, updating the software (to 4.48), still nothing. I deleted the project and created a new one - viola! I loaded a previously backed up version of the program, and after that it worked fine.

I have had multiple problems after updates with my zserver.

Few troubleshooting points:

1) Make sure there is no other ZigBee server within broadcasting range on the same ZigBee channel. This will always cause intermittent weirdness.

2) Disconnect all ZigBee devices from the Connections->Network page. Re-identify the MC or HC first, and then proceed to re-identify all ZigBee equipment.

3) Make sure you are online with the ZigBee server under System Design when you click on the MC/HTC.

4) Check that you have comms to devices by selecting them in the System Design pages. You should see channel and firmware come up.

Archived