C4 Forums | Control4

kwikset not triggering event on code-unlock

I have a kwikset lock with an "All Off" scene triggered when the lock is either manually locked or locked via the "lock" button. This works just fine.

However, I have a "Welcome Home" scene triggered when the locked is either manually unlocked or unlocked via a code. The manual unlock works just fine. However, when unlocking via a code it does not work.

I've cleared my programming and recreated it - no dice.

Additionally, I've noticed that after I unlock via the code (and the scene does not trigger) I only have to lightly push the finger-latch up and the system recognizes that the lock has unlocked and executes the scene.

I went a step further and even removed the programming for the manual lock/unlock - so now the system should only execute scenes on auto-events. Again, locking with the button works great, but when I unlock from the button it does not trigger. When I push the finger-latch up just slightly it senses that the lock has locked and executes the scene. It's as if the lock unlocks too quickly on code-entry and does not sense its own status change to send to the system.

Any thoughts? This seems like a Kwikset issue to me...

Archived