C4 Forums | Control4

Playlist format, are M3Us supported?

jbs

Have been lurking for awhile and assembling a list of questions, none of which I've found answered yet with forum searches, but apologies if I've missed something.

I'm very interested in the distributed audio capabilities of C4. Are standard M3U playlists supported and, if so, can the end user add/modify/delete playlists from the system or is it something that the dealer must do.

Further, can a playlist (whether M3U or some proprietary format) be attached to a single button press such that pressing key 5 on a wireless 6-button keypad automatically turns off the TV, sets lights to 10% and puts on a particular playlist?

Thanks in advance for your help!

--Jason

Are standard M3U playlists supported

No.

can the end user add/modify/delete playlists

Users can create on-the-fly playlists using the on-screen. They simply queue all the tracks that they want to appear in the playlist, go to the "Now Playing" section, and select "Save". They can give it a name. You can also edit playlists along the same sort of logic. Not sure if you can delete a playlist using the on-screen though. In addition, you can get access to Composer Media Edition, which gives the client the ability to modify album art, TV, radio and playlists using a standard XP computer.

Further, can a playlist (whether M3U or some proprietary format) be attached to a single button press such that pressing key 5 on a wireless 6-button keypad automatically turns off the TV, sets lights to 10% and puts on a particular playlist?

Easy peasy*.

*Provided you have discrete control over the TV.

Archived