C4 Forums | Control4

C4 Thermostat

rchawla80

Hi all-

Need your help. I have a Inifinity 96 Carrier system. I was told its compatible with the C4 thermostat. Is it a simple install if I buy it myself? ... my control4 pad is pretty long ... on the Infinity and the C4 thermostat is more wide than long?

Please advise?

Thanks

It is possible that you could wire the t-stat yourself if you are familiar with HVAC wiring. Will need to have a dealer add the t-stat to the system.

I am not sure what you mean by "my control4 pad is pretty long ... on the Infinity and the C4 thermostat is more wide than long?"

I mean the length of the actual hardware ... the dimensions on the C4 is different than actual thermostat I have now... that's all. I can add the thermostat to the C4 system myself as I DIY. I just need to do the wiring, is it terribly hard?

Thanks

R

It is not hard at all to hook up the t-stat. There are standard color codes for the wires. If your place is fairly new the color codes should be correct but it is always best to verify that they are correct. Look at you existing stat and make sure the wires colors correspond to the correct terminals on the t-stat. Follow the install doc with the C4 t-stat.

Make sure you use a common wire if you can so you can disable power stealing.

Archived