C4 Forums | Control4

1.2.3.43 Bugs

Ok, has anyone else had major volume issues since the last update? I just finished fixing a house tonight (after spending a very long time getting the system running 100%) and now the client is having major volume issues. He says that it is going up on it's own, starting out softly and slowly turning louder. I think I read a post on the other forum about this. Anyone else having this issue?

Could be. I wasn't haveing any problems with it myself, but he could be pushing it totally different. (And yes, i'm talking about the mini touch)

Cool. Let us know what you find. I definitely think the volume with C4 is buggy, no doubt, and I don't think it's "broken" per se. You simply have to "train" the user on how to "re-use" volume :)

Yes, unfortunately, *I* even had to re-train myself. While at training, it's funny, volume from random receivers all over the training lab was jacking up and then suddently down in a frenzy to correct their error. Haha. A few quick taps is generally all it takes (in either direction - up/down). It's actually pretty nice once you get used to it! :)

When a customer spends 30k for a system you shouldnt have to teach them how to adjust the volume. Were not talking rocket science here.

It's MAJORLY screwed up.

C4 should have fixed it by now. The big lead with this system is audio. If they cant get that right how can a customer expect all the other geee wizardry to work.

When a customer spends 30k for a system you shouldnt have to teach them how to adjust the volume. Were not talking rocket science here.

It's MAJORLY screwed up.

C4 should have fixed it by now. The big lead with this system is audio. If they cant get that right how can a customer expect all the other geee wizardry to work.

I won't disagree with you here, Music Everywhere. Dan and I were discussing this earlier. Maybe turn the repeat count down in the driver? Did you try that, Taylor?

• 2 months later...

I think I am experiencing this same problem - When I try to use the volume knob on the minitouch, it freaks out, taking almost a minute to catch up to what I was doing. If I use the onscreen volume up and down arrows, it seems to work fine. By the way, I am using an ethernet minitouch with the latest firmware 1.2.3.43, and a C4 Amp. If anyone has any news on a possible fix, please let me know!

Hey guys,

Not sure if this is the fix or not, I have been having the sam poblem, so I was looking around on the C4 sight and they have the new tech tips section in there it states that we Should Not indentify the C4 amp with both Zigbee and on the wired network... it is better to only use network connection if possible. It states you will have issues if both are used. I just found this last night and have not been able to test it. I Hope this is my problem it would be an easy fix.

--Jeff

Premier Sight and Sound

Jeff,

Are you talking about the tech notes section or is there actually a new tech tips section? I could not find that mentioned in the notes section anywhere.

Please point me in the right direction.

• 3 weeks later...

Mine has never been identified with Zigbee only a static IP on ethernet. This wont fix anything.

They know this is a huge problem, other dealers ere discussing these same problems with them at CES. Obviously this is a really hard problem for them to fix. I hear the LCD keypads dont exhibit the same problems. My guess is there's firmware issues.

Sorry guy's the foam finger points at C4.

The LCD keypads, in my experience, don't have the problem as badly but it's still there. It does give you hope for the remotes though as you can tell the problem is not inherent in zigbee, it's just the C4 implementation.

It seems their whole approach to the volume thing is wrong; they buffer the user actions rather than following them. They just need to stop changing the volume when I take my finger off the control, but they've got stuff left over in the buffer and they keep going.

Volume control on the MTS is horrible.... It should almost be disabled if it is going to continue functioning the way it does. I don't understand why it does that, because the System remote functions fine.

Archived