C4 Forums | Control4

Gate Opening and Sprinkler Capabilities

radar09

Hello All,

I am new to C4. Actually I am in the house building stage and am planning on my C4 system. I am in the wiring stage, so far I have been instructed to run 6-RG6 and 2-Cat6 and 1-HDMI to each TV, and 2-Cat 6 to each keypad.

After reading in this forum, I see that I can do a lot more with C4 than I thought possible. 2 Questions:

1: Can the C4 open and close my front yard gate with a programming schedule?

2: Can the C4 set up an automatic sprinkling timer for my 18 zone system that will be installed in the near future?

Thanks

Hello All,

I am new to C4. Actually I am in the house building stage and am planning on my C4 system. I am in the wiring stage, so far I have been instructed to run 6-RG6 and 2-Cat6 and 1-HDMI to each TV, and 2-Cat 6 to each keypad.

After reading in this forum, I see that I can do a lot more with C4 than I thought possible. 2 Questions:

1: Can the C4 open and close my front yard gate with a programming schedule?

Yes. Most gate openers have a way to wire an external system to open/close the gate. You will also want to monitor the open/close state of the gate. There are several threads on the fourm that discuss gate control.

You might also have C4 monitor and open/close your garage doors.

If you have an alarm system you can use it to monitor the garage door as well as other doors in your house.

2: Can the C4 set up an automatic sprinkling timer for my 18 zone system that will be installed in the near future?

Thanks

C4 can also do this. There are several threads on the forums that discuss this. Some sprinkler controllers are easier to integrate than others.

Archived