C4 Forums | Control4

[Rumor] Control4 Remote Access

danlevine

I've heard from a reliable source that Control4 is getting ready to release a composer client thats stripped down for home users, without bindings and programming.

I also heard they will be releasing a web based version at the same time.

Composer Media Edition is the beginning stages of Home Users software. The new versions will allow agents and control over devices. They are even making it web accessible so you can just go to a website and control the house...

I've already tried all that. Has anyone done this successfully? From Mycontrol4.com there is no place to select which system you'd like to access.

Using remote director, even though I've registered two systems I can only connect to the first system. The others are listed but un-accessable. There seems to be some glue missing here.

Has anyone actually done this?

i have tried the Tools->Allow Remote Connection so my times i can't count. from the before the first time it was said to be enabled until again just now with 1.2.3.43 .... everytime i get "a fatal error has occured and been logged. Composer must be restarted. Would you like to restart Composer now?"

everytime.

i just have never had a spare minute to call tech support. well, except at night when they're closed. :(

any ideas why?

I finally decided to try and solve the remote access problem last week and called Tech Support. I had followed the instructions setting up the dealer account and registering my system at home and my partners system at his home. I had also signed each of us with our own user name and passwoed and was ready to see what we could do, but I could not log onto the systems using my user information. Tech Support had me log on using the dealer name and password and indicated that the capability to log on otherwise is still in Beta and should be activated soon. When I tried logging on using the dealer info, there was a small glitch that was quickly resolved, then I was able to log onto my system using the remote access option in Composer.

To connect to different remote site's I've had to create a login under my dealer account at mycontrol4 which I know is incorrect because those are really just for technician accounts but that's the only way I think you can do it until they flip the switch on consumer accounts.

As a matter of fact I have it email me when the lights are turned on at my office. I had one of my friends who's doing some work for me come in one afternoon and I got an email on my Blackberry when he turned the lights on. He called me a few minutes later and I asked him when he got there. He said: "About an hour ago".

A FRIEND LYING LIKE THAT!!! MAN I WAS SO DISAPPOINTED. I didn't have the heart to tell him that I knew he either worked in the dark for an hour or he was lying to me.

Archived