C4 Forums | Control4

XM Channel Tuning

I am unable to tune to my XM Stations since the last update. It will IR output the first two digits. After that it just stops. I have played with the channel changing macro over and over. No matter how I set it, it just stops after the first 2 digits. I have tried changing the XM channels to 3 digits (IE 040 for channel 40) to no avail. Does anyone have any suggestions to try? (I'm on the phone with tech support now but it's not looking good)

I am unable to tune to my XM Stations since the last update. It will IR output the first two digits. After that it just stops. I have played with the channel changing macro over and over. No matter how I set it, it just stops after the first 2 digits. I have tried changing the XM channels to 3 digits (IE 040 for channel 40) to no avail. Does anyone have any suggestions to try? (I'm on the phone with tech support now but it's not looking good)

Forgive my ignorance in saying this, is it possible to "downgrade" (with the assistance of C4)?

That's what I have done. But the channels it inputs are from the XM Media. that is where the problem is. The drivers work great, the IR works great, but there are some very odd issues that happen when using the XM media. I checked the Direct TV media and it worked fine.

It is so weird. One button press (with the 3 digit macro set) would do the first two digits, then stop. The flasher would flash 2 times, not 3 like it should. I have changed the inter-digit delays and makes no difference.

The next button press (so every other press) does the first and last digit. So if the channel I'm trying to acces is 21, it goes 0-1 instead of 0-2-1. WTF???

I dunno, I'm major stumped

I created it myself. It works fine with previous versions of composer (I have a few houses that I still can't upgrade because they depend on the channel switching).

I found something new today. The error seems to be with all TUNERS. Not just the XM Media, but Tuner media in general.

I created a tuner driver with the same codes (which I tested and they all work) and set the media to Dish Network (did this just so it wasn't XM). I made a media station (47 for Ethel) and put it in the media area. Refreshed navigators and saw the station in the broadcast stations tab (if you select Audio Only for the media, it will always show up under Radio/Broadcast Media). Same thing happened as with the XM media. It seems like it's an issue with how the Tuner driver reads the media channels and outputs them via IR.

I tried it with a few other media types (still as atuner) and still a no go. I'm going to try to find another workaround, but I'm really hoping that C4 will get this bug fixed soon because I'd like to update everything.

• 2 months later...

Archived