C4 Forums | Control4

CYTEXONE interface skin

AS2

Yes, the theme is black with icons from our website. It's a consistant look/feel thing. I'll get another video up with the MTS/10.5" when they are finished.

Yes and of course yes. We've got it down to a science now, so it's pretty easy to fix the bugs. In fact, we can customize most anything about it easily, so we are putting the client's name on the backdrop in some cases - they love it.

As2

Nice touch! I can see clients going wild about having a custom skin for Control4. I have had several people ask for more skins or a custom skin... looks like you're setting up a hot ticket item. Nice job!

Blake

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Getting rid of the big red button will never happen - sorry - that's the core of the product and model to make it as simple as possible. If you don't like it - add a Pronto remote to your C4 system or something else.

slemay, I'm not talking about changing the functionality of the interface, just swapping out a bitmap image for my own graphic. That shouldn't be too much to ask.

Anyone care to share what makes up a control 4 Interface? Is it XML files or some other open format, or is it compiled code like and EXE that can not be changed?

It's being able to do things above and beyond what the C4 tools provide that interest me. When everyone and their mother becomes a C4 dealer, having features that set you apart from the rest will be helpful with winning jobs.

Obviously C4 systems can only do so much, I'm more interested in what things I can add after the fact. I'm aware that any modifications I would make to the files would not be supported by Control 4.

Dodgeit - I'm sure you could change that skin (if I remember correctly - it's just a jpg)... but with any updates that come out - any modifications you make will automatically get overwritten with the corrected skin. Maybe Dan or Andy can comment more - as they've played a great deal with modifing the skins.

Archived