C4 Forums | Control4

Concord4 wireless transmitters

C4RVA

I have a concord 4 system installed and working. However, I have one wireless contact sensor that is about 200 feet from the alarm panel that functions correctly during the day but not at night. It is on a fence gate in a waterproof box. I think it is a wireless signal issue. Does anyone know if soldering on a wire to the internal antenna and extending it out of the box like the actual panel antenna look may help? Anyone with any other solutions besides hardwiring?

^ Two options I can think of, short of moving the panel.

1) Buy an additional receiver for the panel. You can add up to four per panel, and it hook's in via the bus. That means installing the receiver upstairs and closer to the gate location and a) running a bus wire from the receiver back to the panel or B) running a bus wire from the receiver to a nearby security keypad (if the keypad is in a closet, you could pop the receiver right next to it and be done with it).

2) Buy a wireless repeater. No wires required except power. You pick the location ... perhaps the garage. COST = MORE.

If you need part no.'s let me know.

Archived