C4 Forums | Control4

Share pair of speakers b/t HT & distributed audio

I'm trying to figure out how to share a pair of speakers between my HT and whole house audio. Here's what I have:

* 7.1 HT system in family room - Triad speakers, Anthem Statement D1 processor, 5 or 7 channel amp (still need to buy, one of Parasound A51, Sherbourne 7/2100, Anthem A5 or Outlaw 7700 - suggestions?)

* 5 distributed audio zones (excluding the family room): Contol4 Media Controller -> C4 Audio Matrix Switch -> B&K 1260 12 channel distribution amp.

Somehow, I'd like to be able to use a pair of speakers in my family room area both for HT and distributed audio. I think I want to use my surround dipolesfor this. The thinking is that a dipole will spread background music nicely around the room when played at low volume. Alternatively I can use the surround rear pair.

I'd like to be able to:

1. Use my HT in 7.1 configuration, driven by proc -> HT amp

2. Use my a pair of speakers in the family room for distributed audio, driven

by the media controller.

Any suggestions on how to accomplish this?

Thx,

Max

honest opinion max - don't do this. It's too complicated, can't you just play the zone audio in both places, served from the matrix switch (<-- cytexone approved as the best component C4 makes!)

as for amps, try the Outlaw Audio 7700 and post what you think - that stuff is cool.

also, why are you using the B&K, the C4 amp sounds great after about 50 hours...seriously.

Andrew

Thanks Andrew. I'm beginning to lean towards having all 7 speakers play in the family room zone. Or try to configure the Anthem to play only a certain pair when the audio input is on a particular input.

I've got the Outlaw 7700 on order. :) Also thinking about Sherbourne Sherbourne 7/2100 or 7/1250A. Any thoughts on the Sherbourne?

I bought B&K 1260 on ebay for $200 before I even heard of C4. It's a great amp and mates very nicely with the audio switch.

Thx,

Max

Archived