C4 Forums | Control4

2.0 update

jbrock

That is a whole another conversation. I'm sure you could find previous post that will explain that. My understanding (I'm still at 1.82)

It supposed to have faster architecture, gui is different. you lose a few things in 1.82 you gain a few things. The new apps and hardware only (some of them) wok on 2.0+

Don't get me wrong I do not know what you have as controllers right now. if you are able to buy an HC300C to replace your primary and move your current primary as a slave the $599 or $699 you'll pay for the controller already includes the 2.0 licence fee. As long as all your equipment is supported and upgradeable to 2.0 it might not be so bad. The HC300C with the SR250B I've benn told is 30%-35% faster.

I can tell you that going from 1.8.2 to 2.04 makes a huge difference in stability, speed and reliablity. Honestly I will never move someone from embernet to Zpro unless it is to at least 2.0.4 as 1.8 anything has too many issues.

I do agree with Letran that if you are going to do the upgrade that getting the additional controller makes the most sense for a couple of reasons. One it includes the 2.0 license, and two it will help with the overall performance of the system as well.

Archived