C4 Forums | Control4

Using an I Pod for Network File Storage

I am told by my boss that it is possible to use an I POD as a device for Network File Storage. Apparently He saw it being used while he was in Salt Lake last week. He doesn't remember how they made it work. Can someone please give me a little direction in this matter? Thanks

There are several ways of doing this...

The following site offers an automated solution for docking the ipod and making the music available on the network. Read the wiki for details.

http://members.liwest.at/solar/ShareForTheIPod/

Alternatively, for dedicated windows solution perform the following:

Right click the ipod in "my computer" and click sharing, set the share name to "ipod". You might have to set the share on a different folder within the ipod to suit your preferences. After pressing OK, you have the following options *on another computer* for trying to access to ipod nas device:

* start > run > \\IP_address_OR_hostname\ipod (only use the IP address or hostname (i.e. \\192.168.1.100\ipod OR \\sallys\ipod)

(start > run > cmd > ipconfig.exe will get you the ip address of your ipod nas computer/host)

(start > run > cmd > hostname.exe will get you the hostname address of your ipod nas computer/host)

* map it is a network drive on another computer: my computer > tools > map network drive...

from there you can map a drive letter to the ipod nas device (i.e. the "I:" drive maps to \\computer\ipod)

Hope that helps...

Andy

CYTEXONE

Archived