C4 Forums | Control4

audio programming help

dwalker55

I have a couple of programming questions, neither of which my dealer was able to resolve...I think they should be fairly simple things.

1). I have a Sony Disc Changer in my Living Room with some old XMAS CD's I only listen to once a year and don't want to waste the space copying these to my media controller...When in my Living Room I can use my remote to press "Music" then have the option to "Browse CD's"...When I do it turns on my disc changer and allows me to select a CD to play....However, I don't have this option in other rooms...The only way to play the CD's is to add zones while this is playing in the living room, but there are times when I don't want to disrupt the living room audio(ie someone watching tv)...How do I make the audio output from the Disc Changer available in other rooms?

2). Looking for an easy way to program my receivers volume(ie turn it down) when the kids turn on the TV in the morning...These press "TV" then "Satellite" and the cable box, receiver, and TV power on but at the volume level it was when powered off...I thought this would be as simple as-

When Living Room->Satellite turn On

Start the volume down on Living Room->Receiver

It's a Yamaha HTR-5835 and is IR controlled...Just haven't found the right device action to program the volume down when device is powered on.

BTW...any thoughts on the Disc Changer...Still haven't figured out why I can only see that audio souce is only visible in 1 room and not the others...I'm sure it is something simple(isn't that usually the case ;-)

• 3 weeks later...

How is the cd changers audio fed into the system, is it through the receiver and would it even be available if the receiver is already in use? If you were to turn down the volume upon satellite turn on the receiver might not yet be on then start volume down before it's on wouldn't do anything and at some point you would want to stop the volume down or it would just continue until it was down all the way. If the receiver has discrete volume control then you could set a level to come at. Most likely as said before look at the receivers programming an set a default level in it.

#2...Y...I don't see a way on the driver for the receiver to set a default volume level...For now, I have it set so that when it turns on I use the IR emitter to xmt volume down 5 times...Atleast that way the kids don't leave the volume up on Saturday morning when they turn the tv on...I may be better off turning the volume down before it is turned off now that I think about it, though I'm sure there is a better way to program this function.

#1...As far as the cd changer audio goes...You are right...My dealer has a connection for the audio out to the receiver, so it doesn't go through my amp(as my satellite recvr does)...I'm guessing this is why I can source my TV audio from other zones and not my audio CD's in the changer.

Archived