C4 Forums | Control4

Humidity Sensor?

pstuart

Not easily. You could use several humidistats to close contacts on a card access contact sensor. That way you could measure like this: Set one humidistat to close at 35 % humidity, one at 45%, one at 55% and 80%. It will give you minimal resolution of the humidity level but depending on what you want to do with the information it could be plenty.

What's the application?

Live in MN, humidity is a major issue (or lack thereof) in my house. Excessive static build up and electronics don't mix...

Have a whole home humidifier off the HVAC system, but it only monitors the humidity level on the cold air return and outside.

I have no advanced warning if the humidifier stops working. Nor do I have any confidence humidity levels are spread equally across the house.

Also, at work we monitor humidity like mad (commercial printer) as lack of humidity is our worst nightmare, so I could see commercial applications as well.

The humidistat idea isn't a bad one, as it would allow me a "gate" for minimum humidity as a fail safe, but it takes forever to get humidity up to reasonable levels in winter here...

With the house around 70 degrees and outside was -15 overnight, 85 degree spread, humidity drops almost 5 points opening a door :) It can take 2-3 days to get it back up. It's crazy sometimes...

Archived