C4 Forums | Control4

Newbie to Programming

cgboulet

Hi everyone

I have been using Control4 now for about 2 years and have never gotten into the programming aspect of it. I have some light switches that I would like to program. However, before I go there, there's something that has been bugging me ever since the initial installation of the system and I am looking to you, the public, to give me a hand.

Whenever I watch a DVD and press pause, the lights come on to 50% (this happens in 2 rooms), when I press play, they go back down to 25% and when I press stop, they come back up to 100%. Where the heck to I make adjustments to these settings!!!???

Thank you SOOOOOO much in advance.

This could be in 2 places. At the bottom left go to programming. Then at the top left find the room it's occurring in and select the room. In the middle left you will see an option called commands. Select it then in the drop down box select pause/play/stop. If there is a line of code in the big middle pane it probably says turn x light to 50% or something like that.

It could also be at the DVD level. At the top left find the DVD player and select it. Below it you should see play/pause/stop. Select those and see if the code is in the middle pane. You can delete it if you want it to stop.

Thank you so, so much. The programming was in the first block of text that you wrote. I cannot thank you enough for this. Now that I see how this is done, I can see so many uses for multiple commands.

Now that I have located this, how do I change the script to level 75 over 30 seconds...?

Once you get to where you see the code, right click and delete it. Then at the top right find your light and select it. Then at the bottom right you will see some options. One of them allows you to select the level and such. Once you have selected what you want, you will see a green arrow with the command you want above it. Either double click it or drag it to the middle.

Archived