C4 Forums | Control4

Xbox 360 IR Reversed

Hey guys, sorry if this is a repeat of some other thread or question. I searched around and couldn't find any threads that matched my problem.

The issue lies in turning the xbox 360 on/off with the infrared signal attachment (sticks on the front of the xbox). When I go to my options on the screen of my theater, I normally select "xbox 360", the console turns on, and then I can play my games.

This week, I unplugged the xbox from my system so that I could use it at a friends house. When I plugged everything back in to my control 4 system, it doesn't do what it used to. When I select "xbox 360" on the theater screen, the console does not turn on. I either have to manually push the xbox button, or turn on one of my xbox controllers. When I'm done, I click "room off" on my remote and it shuts off by itself fine. If I don't manually turn the xbox on, but it's "on" my projection screen (just a black screen), then the IR is reversed. I click "room off", the room is powered off, but then the xbox turns on?!

It seems like the two on/off signals are reversed. The signal it sends to turn on the xbox may be the "off" signal, and then when I power the room off, that signal may be the "on" signal.

Anyways, does my problem make any sense at all? It's making me frustrated.

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read through this and try to help. I really appreciate it!

--H3R0

Yeah, the xbox doesn't have true distinct on and off commands.

They alternate the 2 codes, so your dealer probably didn't hook up the codes right. They should pulse both off and on for "on" and on then off for "off" and that way it will always work correctly.

Hmm ok. Is there any way for me to fix this myself? It used to work fine, but ever since I took the xbox out and hooked it back up it's been acting this way. Although, come to think of it, we did lose power while the xbox wasn't hooked up, so maybe that's what caused the reverse.

Thanks for the response.

Alright, thanks for the replies! I appreciate the help.

If your suggestions don't work for me then I'll add it to the to-do list for the technician the next time he comes.

Thanks again!

--h3r0

Archived