C4 Forums | Control4

What is your opinion on this??

JLIntegra

There's a BB with a Magnolia in it just down the road from where I work. I'll try to drop in this week and see if they have any gear or have even heard about it's arrival.

Personally, I think this is kind of a risky move. At this same BB I have been in the Magnolia section many times and the service personnel in there are nothing more than the same guy who is typically asking me if I need help finding a DVD - only they get to dress a little nicer. Literally, I see the guy on the BB floor one day, and the next day he's in the Magnolia section. It's often painfully clear when asking them questions about a given TV or piece of audio equipment that I am leading the conversation and they're simply agreeing and nodding, and when asked about features they do the standard "walk up to the mylar and read off the feature list back to me" routine. Now and then I have hit someone who knew a little about the gear, just not very often. If these same people are going to be trying to sell C4 gear it's most likely going to lead to confusion and frustration for the customer. Magnolia may have the installation and service staff to do a good job, but I'm not sure BB has the sales staff to get people to consider buying it. I'll report back my findings when I get a chance.

Archived