C4 Forums | Control4

HC300 on the fritz

c4pa

Hi Guys,

My system was working fine yesterday morning. Got home to no system, nothing. The HC300 (the only one) still had it's lights on. I tried power resetting it. It worked for about 5 minutes then died again. Remotes, touch screen, and keypads were all unresponsive and showed no connection. I tried power resetting once or twice more, and it worked on initial start up, then again died after a few minutes. I left it unplugged all night, and it worked for maybe 1/2 to an hour this morning.

Other than the possibility of it being a heat issue - I live in NH and my basement is 58 degrees so I doubt it - is there anything else it could be? It has worked flawlessly for many, many months now.

Thanks.

Chris

I couldn't ping it, or see it with HE. Surprisingly when I got home today it was up and running, no issues, as if nothing had ever happened. I'm knocking on wood as I type this.

Now it does show up in HE. Go figure.

thanks mhotchin. i will have my IT buddy take a look at it see if he has any suggestions. i can see not being able to ping it or log into it, but to not respond to zigbee keypads? would network equipment affect that?

i'm just happy the goblins left my system.

Archived