C4 Forums | Control4

C4 Tstat with Honeywell HVAC Problems

Hi Folks,

This was posted on the other forum, and I am also having the same problem.

Anyone have their thermostats hooked up to a multi zone control board in general, or Honeywell in particular? My has a problem where if the current temp (for heating) is three degrees (say 64 degrees) or more less than the desired temp (lets say 68 degrees), after initially kicking out some heat, the system switches to AC, kicks on the compressor and starts blowing cold air! The system is in HEAT mode, not AUTO. Anyone hear of this before?

In my case, no matter whether I use the "heat" or "auto", I get the same results...the room will never go any higher than a few degrees, then I hear the AC kick on and cool it down again. I would understand this if I was on Auto and gave it a range, but on straight heat...should not do this!

Help!

Hi Folks,

This was posted on the other forum, and I am also having the same problem.

Anyone have their thermostats hooked up to a multi zone control board in general, or Honeywell in particular? My has a problem where if the current temp (for heating) is three degrees (say 64 degrees) or more less than the desired temp (lets say 68 degrees), after initially kicking out some heat, the system switches to AC, kicks on the compressor and starts blowing cold air! The system is in HEAT mode, not AUTO. Anyone hear of this before?

In my case, no matter whether I use the "heat" or "auto", I get the same results...the room will never go any higher than a few degrees, then I hear the AC kick on and cool it down again. I would understand this if I was on Auto and gave it a range, but on straight heat...should not do this!

Help!

Did you have your Heating contractor hook up the stat?

Sounds like it is miswired, and with a system like that I dont think you want to be voiding warranties etc. I would recomend a service call form the HVAC contractor ASAP.

Archived