C4 Forums | Control4

Volume Puchthrough Bug

I've run into this two times. Both times, the glitch seemed to occur after editing a driver code within the latest version of Composer and using the most recent updates for firmware. The edited driver was for the surround sound receivers both times. The receivers were a Pioneer Elite 80 VSX and 81 VSX. Essentially, in both rooms a HTC was used with a speaker point for zone two. There was a cable box, Sony 777 DVD changer via Rs-232, Plasma TV (Pioneer Elite for one and Sony Bravia for the other), one aux audio device such as a computer or record player and that was pretty much it. For control, I only had the HT remote for one and a 10.5 inch touch panel with a mini-touch in zone 2 for the other. On both occasions, after editing the driver for the amp to control the tuner via direct access, I lost the master volume control punch through to the amp only while watching cable. Somehow, without changing any end-points or bindings, the volume punch through defaults to the TV while watch cable and not to the surround amp. Anyone else run into this?

Archived