C4 Forums | Control4

MC music loading issues...

I am having an issue with a MC1 When CD's are loaded in the front CD tray they don't always show up in the on screen GUI. They are "there" as they can be found in ComposerME, and also seen on the small LCD displays on the remotes. Once selected from a remote, they do show on the TV screen during playback and as part of the now playing list. A few calls to Control4 tech has yielded "don't load from the front of the machine if you can help it" with a long explanantion of the conversion process and something that gets hung up.

My questions to other users / integrators are: Is this the norm? Anyone found a way to deal with this? this must be a "big deal" to enough end-users to cause a repair to be made????

Thanks in advance. I would like to add that this is the first and only real issue with C4 and I have faith it will be resolved. C4 is a great product and we have many happy clients.

Cheers,

T.

• 3 weeks later...

I've seen the same problem, and it seemed to center around a combination of a corrupt DB and the ripping/conversion process getting hung up. The dealer and I worked through a number of steps to fix the latter, but that just meant the conversion process finished, while the CDs were still missing in action from the control pads.

Eventually, we had to blow away the DB, so it would rebuild. Now everything shows up, but all hand-edited info (cover art, track names, titles that weren't in the online DB, etc.) is gone.

Archived