C4 Forums | Control4

Set of configuration problems / questions (amp and dimmer)

Hi all.

I'm new to the forum and was hoping you all could help me with a couple of simple C4 programming questions:

1. I am trying to trigger on the amplifier audio input sensing (start or stop). i.e. "Audio Input 1->Starts sensing audio" ("When audio starts being sensed on audio input 1"). Unfortunately, my HTC never seems to get to this condition. I can turn the source device on and off, physically connect/disconnect the RCA cables, etc. but to no avail. Any suggestions?

2. "Pretend devices". The home uses C4 dimmers as volume controls in many places (the dimmer LIGHT_LEVEL is in a container with the amplifier's OUTPUT_01_VOLUME_LEVEL. This works great with the dimmers preset, ramp, etc. Pushing the dimmer's button button more than one time cycles inputs, etc. etc. It's a neat setup. Is there any way I can "pretend" to have more dimmers in the house, then LINK buttons on the 3-button and 6-button keypads to the "pretend" dimmers? If I could, I would put the LIGHT_LEVEL of the pretend dimmer in a container with the appropriate OUTPUT_XX_VOLUME_LEVEL. Right now, I have to manually program each of the keypads to "Start increasing volume" and "Stop increasing volume" and it sucks.

3. Is there really no "while button 1 is being pressed" for a keypad? I hate having to program the press and release actions separately.

4. Are there any plans for allowing variables (or control_states) to be on the right hand side of a statement? I'd love to be able to do assign things (lighting brightness, led colors, volume, channel numbers, etc.) to be variable values (and set variable values to be those things).

5. One of the TVs does not have discrete video/input source selection. Is there any good hack for "figuring out" what source is selected so that I can deterministically get the HTC to "do the right thing"?

Thanks for all the help. This home has a bunch of neat hacks, and I am looking forward to sharing!

1 ) Not sure if this works (i know programming is there but it may not actually function)

2 ) I get what your saying, what i've seen with fake devices not tied to anything is they don't really work.

3 ) Yes this is how it works by design

4 ) Yes I've heard you will be able to set the values of items to a variable in the not too distant future.

5 ) Impossible to determine what is selected. If you can get to a good starting point (ie channel 3 enter) then you can program in the driver setup macros that bring you to the correct input everytime... this works 98% of the time except for some old samsung lcd's

Archived