C4 Forums | Control4

IR command repetition and older Yamaha recievers

My reciever is a 4 year old Yamaha and is having a few fits with the way C4 does its IR. You cannot set the repeat count to 0, so basically each IR command is sent out atleast twice. The older Yamaha recievers use a repeat of input selection to toggle through audio input modes. So if DVD source is set to AUTO and it is pushed again it will toggle to DTS, again it will toggle to ANALOG, again it will toggle bakc to AUTO. So almost everytime I swtich to DVD from HDTV it chenged my audio input mode an dI have to then swtich to reciever and use a button I programmed to replicate the DVD input command so that I can scroll back to AUTO, same for HDTV and PS2. Any way around this? Can we get a 0 on the repeat count in driver editor?

Funny thing about this is that some receivers are more effected than others. An old RX-V1 nothing but problems, an HTR or an older "6xx" level receiver no problems!

Frustrating, I know. Upgrade to something else! :-) Honestly, we've upgraded most of these receivers to Marantz receivers and no longer have the problem.

Archived