C4 Forums | Control4

GE Concord 4 to Superbus 2000 to C4

I recently got a Concord 4 security system installed. It has the control panel, keypad, cell tower, and alarm and all the sensors. I am trying to connect to it the Superbus 2000 Automation Module so that I can connect it to C4. I am a technical person however I am having trouble figuring out the correct way to wire up the Superbus to the Concord 4 control panel. If anybody has any pictures of this actually wired up it would be really helpful as the documentation for the Superbus 2000 is lacking.

I see on the Superbus instructions, it has +12VDC (1), BUS A(2), BUS B(3) and GND(4) connections. I suppose that that corresponds directly with the ones on the Concord 4 control panel. However the Concord 4 control panel has screws and on one side of these of those inputs there is already a wire. So I assume that I can unscrew it and connect say the Superbus's +12VDC to the other side of the +12VDC input on the control panel. Is this correct?

There are also output connections ZONE 1 (5) and ZCOM (6) on the Superbus. The Concord 4 control panel doesn't have an input for ZCOM so do I wire it up using "UL-LISTED NORMALLY CLOSED (N/C) CONTACTS IN SERIES" or "UL-LISTED NORMALLY OPEN (N/O) CONTACTS IN PARALLEL"?

Thanks!!

Nathan

You are correct, just hook the 4 wires up with the existing wires. It is a bus so you can have multiple devices attached.

The ZONE 1 and ZCOMM are for hooking up a tamper detection switch to the case that you can mount the automation module in. I suppose you could use it for an additional zone too.

Archived