C4 Forums | Control4

Digital Audio - Home Theatre Controller - USB Thumb Drive

Over the weekend I was messing around with the Digital Audio feature on my HTC. I've searched the forums a bit, and haven't come across anyone having this problem. I was hoping someone might be able to shed some light.

I have MP3s on a USB thumb drive. I plugged the drive into the USB port on my drive, and opened Composer, then connected to Director. The USB drive was showing up in the connections view. I then made the physical connections (RCA cables) from the Audio Out 1 on the HTC to the Tape input on my Marantz receiver. After that, I made the bindings in Composer.

After all of that, I went to the Media view and scanned the USB drive. All of the MP3s on the drive showed up in Composer after scanning was complete. I refreshed my UI, and was able to navigate to the artist I had imported. After attempting to play the music, it appeared to be playing, but I was getting no audio out of my speakers. I was able to verify that all the necessary equipment to play the audio was being controlled by the HTC. i.e. - the Marantz was switching to the Tape input.

At this point, I began troubleshooting. I tested the cables, and they tested fine; however, I tried a new known working set just in case. I then tested the cables on a different input on my Marantz. Same thing. I then moved the cables to Audio 2, and nothing. After this, I opened the HTC emmulator in Composer and saw that the volume for Audio 1 was at zero. I bumped it up to 100%, and still nothing.

I feel like I'm missing something but really can't figure out what. It should work, right? Anyone else come across anything like this? BTW - I'm running on 1.3.1.116

KM

Typically the problem is the audio outputs are set to 0 which need to be brought up. Make sure your endpoints for audio are correct, also check the marantz receiver that it does in fact play analog audio out of the tape input.

Some older HTC's audio outputs were mislabeled so I would try each output when you initiate it. Also we always use output 2 because output 1 typically doesn't work for us.

Archived