C4 Forums | Control4

Remote control programming

I have a couple of questions:

1) Is there any way to create your own "menus" for the remote control? I'd like to be able to add custom context, and my current hack is to simply create rooms that don't exist. Is there a better way?

2) Is there a way to set the text in the remote control. For my special rooms (see (1) above, I put the remote into different states based on which number gets pushed. I'd love to be able to give the user feedback as to what the remote is going to be able to do i.e. "Zone 2 Audio" or "iTunes Access".

3) Is there a standard way to access keypad buttons via the remote? Like: "Kitchen Keypad Button 2" etc.

The custom button agent will create a sub menu under house on the system remotes.

Since 1.3 it shows current source on remote.

Thanks. What I really want to be able to do is to "set" the current source programatically. I can create a custom button for "Set Audio Zone 1" and "Set Audio Zone 2" all under the heading "Whole House Audio". When "Set Audio Zone 1" is selected, will the remote show that as the current "source"?

That'd be awesome...

Ohh I see what your saying, you want to change "rooms" by pressing a number key. Basically change zones via programming on a remote, no that is not possible unfortunately.

You can change the audio source in a room with programming by selecting the room name in the programming actions and change audio source.

Archived