C4 Forums | Control4

Replacing equipment

kwhite1228

Hello everyone. I have a question and I have absolutely no tech knowledge so please forgive me if my question is very basic. I had to replace my cable box and even though it is with the same service provider my control 4 remote will not work with it now. I have had to replace it once before and did not have a problem but this time they sent me an upgraded box. While the cable remote looks a little different it still operates the other cable boxes in my home so my simple little brain tells me that means it has the same programming codes as the old one so I can not figure out why the C4 remote no longer works with it. I hate to pay someone 90.00 and hour plus travel to come here if this is something that can be easily fixed. BTW the dealer that installed my system went out of business several years ago and the guy who installed it was to be very polite a complete idiot and left very little in the way of information or "training" on the syatem so any advice would be greatly appreciated. We have the HC-300.

Archived