C4 Forums | Control4

Frustrated

rookiec4

Looking for some guidance. I am frustrated with the dealer who did my Control4 install, primarily because I feel the service and knowledge is lacking. I feel as if they have much other priorities than my C4 demands and getting to me does not seem to be a big deal. I pass on several items, such as apps, simply because some require dealer assistance. This was all new to me as I had never heard of C4 until the dealer suggested it during our new home construction. Hindsight is 20-20 they say.

1. I've read several posts about the remote assistance. I realize for items such as equipment, you need to physically be there. However, if I wanted to purchase an app that required the dealer, is that something that could be accomplished via remote assistance through someone else?

2. What about problems in general or upgrades; can that be done via remote by someone else?

I guess what I'm getting at is there are several on this site who seem to live for C4 and have an interest in helping people like me. If I could find someone like that, it would not matter to me that they were not local. And, I'm not asking for free advice. I'd just like to know that if something is needed, I can get it quickly and have it done right. Thanks in advance.

Archived