C4 Forums | Control4

Cannot get TV inputs to switch to the correct selection.

ftp://ftp.panasonic.com/pub/Panasonic/Drivers/Monitors/Discrete-remote-control-codesProntoCCFformat.pdf

Im trying to get my panasonic viera setup with control4, I originaly couldnt get the tv to switch to the correct inputs, either hdmi or av. I managed to find the document above with the discrete codes for this model of tv. I can now get the system to switch to the hdmi 1 and 2 inputs but for some reason these codes will not work with the av inputs.

using the driver from composer when i try to emit the codes even that doesnt work for these codes.

Wired situation and im stumped.

many thanks

With most Panasonic domestic screens I find HDMI and AV1AV2 discrete selection works just fine but the component input must be done with a macro. There is another post elsewhere regarding this. It`s not ideal but works well enough. I also remove the inputs I`m not using from the within the Tv`s setup. I usually only use HDMI1 and component so remove the other inputs from the list. it`s somewhere in "DISPLAY SETTINGS" on the viera Tv. This just helps with your macro as it reduces the number of steps that you have to move through. My macro is usually something like:

HDMI1

AV

Wait 400ms

DOWN

Wait 400ms

Enter

This is from memory so whilst it may not be exact you should get the idea

M

markyr

your dead rite this worked a treat for my own panasonic viera.

so i have a working system now, thanks very much for that.

this brings be on to the crux of the matter, my client has an lg 8000 series 60 inch plasma, i believe purchased in 2009. i cannot find any discrete codes for this tv.... i thought lg's drivers hadnt changed supposedly.

i need the anchor point for this tv, thing is when another device is plugged in such as the kids ps3 the tv then reorganises the inputs on the menu putting the new input after antenna..... this as you know puts the control4 system out of sync completely..... this job has been a nitemare from the beginning as i have basically taken over someone elses job. apparently the original installer whent out of business.

• 2 weeks later...

This is often the case when you`re not supplying screens yourself. I can spend many hours getting a rv driver to work perfectly and never see one of those TV`s again. Smasung or Panasonic are my recommendations as I know I have the drivers already and may only need a small tweak.

Glad you got the Viera problem sorted. Happy to help!

Archived