C4 Forums | Control4

GE Concord 4 just setup but "disarm" does not show up

C4Newbie

So I just had a new Control 4 system installed AND a new Concord 4 system as well so that I can remotely control my alarm. My alarm company just finished the install today and the "disarm" feature does not show up. Has anyone experienced this before? Any suggestions?

By the way, my Control4 installer is setting up in the system but hasn't seen this problem before.

Thanks,

If you have a 4sight subscription, you can remotely access your alarm to disarm it. Depending on how your installer programmed the alarm, you may have issues then trying to re-arm the system remotely. Generally, the system (alarm) needs to have an exterior door open once it is set so it will stay in the "Away" mode otherwise the alarm system thinks there is someone still in the house and will revert back to the "Stay" mode. Which isn't a bad thing, but your motion sensors would not trip an alarm!!!

technically you could remotely arm then system and then remotely open and close a garage door to arm to away.

That is if your system is wired that way. Most people don't have their main garage doors wired to their alarm. Plus you'd also need the Card Access garage kit. But, yes if your garage door(s) were wired in such a way you could do that.

Why would anyone not have their main garage doors wired to their alarm system?? You should have contacts at any point of entry. Especially since alot of people leave their garage entry doors unlocked thinking they're safe since the garage door is closed. And you do not need the card access piece either, a simple $10-$20 garage contact wired into the alarm panel with c4 monitoring the zone works like a charm.

TurboKuake - Bad advise EVER to suggest one button disarm... even if the system can do it. You are personally liable if an intruder breaks in and uses that button. Seems stupid to think you would be - but you are. So it's best not to even suggest that it can EVER be done.

As for garage doors - not so much for security - but more for functionality / features... like letting Control4 know the garage doors are open at night and automatically close them when you hit the "goodnight" button. Or have the doors automatically close 5 min. after the alarm systems arms (thinking here - you drove away from the house and forgot to close the doors)... that sort of stuff.

Actually, I didn't want to have 1 button disarm. I was just looking for a "disarm" button to press before I enter my code in to disarm the system, just as I would on the actual Concord4 alarm panel. C4 shows 2 "arm" buttons. One is "arm away" and one is "arm stay". Since the alarm was just installed today, I didn't realize that those 2 buttons actually armed the system (without having to enter my code). I assumed that I had to press them AND THEN hit my code. Again, there is no button for "disarm" and then my code.

After hearing from Ryan, it turns out that I could have a "disarm" button programmed that would just enter the "1" key. The "1" key is the key that is required to be hit before my code to disarm the system. Or, I can just type "1" and then my code to disarm the system.

Hope I didn't confuse everyone too much.

Archived