C4 Forums | Control4

Mini Touch Screen Version 1 vs. Version 2

birdman_51

Both versions of the MTS can do Rhapsody.

The only difference is that the v.2 MTS have twice as much flash memory as the v.1 version.

There are no other discernable differences (i.e. it's likely a different board spin, etc., but nothing that affects functionality other than additional flash).

They run the same Navigator code, and have all the same options. I think most if not all of the MTS' I have in my house are v.1.

RyanE

It is typically used to store the Linux OS and the Navigator software that the MTS runs to display the interface.

The real risk with having limited flash is that upgrades are more risky, since upgrades don't wipe the device clean and then put a full new copy of the filesystem, they upgrade file by file, and if it doesn't happen in the right order, and two things that are too large are being updated, there is the possibility to run out of flash.

In practice, it was a concern for 1.6, but work was done to ensure that updates to the v.1 MiniTouch worked well, and it hasn't been an issue in the field.

The v.2 MTS has twice as much flash as the v.1, although I don't remember the amount.

RyanE

Archived