C4 Forums | Control4

Unifi AP questions - need a sanity check

eggzlot

Any "experts" around here?

Things are mostly fine on my network but I notice sometimes my guest network isnt always showing up as available.  In fact, when I am on my computer or phone and go to my wifi settings to find a new wifi signal the 2 that always show up are my RZHomeNet (main SSID) and RZGen (i created it just for a generator that was having issues but I had to do something else so I am not even using that SSID and you can see it is gray'd out).

So I am just confused.  I have 3 access points, all have the same set up as what you see below.  FredGuest is my guest access - it says enabled yet I rarely see it as an option.  RZGen is grayed out, but its always there on my devices when I look for available networks.  RZHomeNet has 90% of my devices and it doesnt say enabled or disabled.  RZMyLink is for my Somfy MyLink because it too was having issues hopping APs and though it says Disabled I believe it is still connected to that SSID

So though my network is well working, I want to try and make sense of it.

Screen Shot 2021-07-23 at 4.04.01 PM.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.