C4 Forums | Control4

Speaker point wiring

neildilgee

I would like to connect 4 speakers ( 8 ohms ) to a C4 Speaker pt. Do I hook them up 2 by 2 in parallel ( which will take them to 4 omhs ). But I'm worried that the amp will overheat and maybe even blow.

Or should I connect them 2 by 2 in series ( 16 omhs ) but then won't I loose in sound quality?

Has anyone done this without overheating' date=' cutouts and blowing the amp?[/quote']

What you don't trust Dan, he is telling you the real deal, you are good to 4 Ohms

I'm not saying I don't trust Dan. Dan knows I'm cool with him. I'm asking if someone has done it. If you don't have something constructif to say' don't.

Has anyone done this without overheating' date=' cutouts and blowing the amp?[/quote']

What you don't trust Dan, he is telling you the real deal, you are good to 4 Ohms

I'm not saying I don't trust Dan. Dan knows I'm cool with him. I'm asking if someone has done it. If you don't have something constructif to say' don't.

ok well I have done "it"

What you don't trust Dan' date=' he is telling you the real deal, you are good to 4 Ohms[/quote']

ok well I have done "it"

Now was that so hard. Good for you. I think we've made some progress today.

Archived