C4 Forums | Control4

Concord 4 and GE Wireless Garage Door Sensor (TX-8010-01-1)

Hey all,

Hoping someone has had this issue before and can simply answer my question.

After setting up the Concord 4 panel with the wireless GE garage door sensor (TX-8010-01-1) and testing it. The entire set-up was pulled into Control 4 via the serial interface at install. Pretty much everything is working fine, but the garage door sensor doesn't seem to be working. Two issues; when the door is actually shut the C4 system thinks it is open (so you can 'invert' the sensor of course - but shouldn't it know this as it is a standard GE sensor) and most importantly, it doesn't tell C4 when it has changed status. Sensor works with the Concord panel fine.

Should this sensor be programmed by my dealer to just be a standard contact sensor?

Anyone have any experience with this issue?

Thank you for any help.

I had those sensors in both of my garage doors but eventually after a year for some reason they started to act up. Would not sense door status correctly on Concord panel and therefore C4. Possibly some kind of interference or range issue. Replaced by another solution and no problem.

As I recall they are basic tilt switches. Mine were just programmed to the Concord unit as wireless sensors. All worked well when they worked, whatever the Concord was seeing would be reflected in C4, if status changed in Concord (whether correct or not when not working well) was reflected in C4. So something is not right with your setup.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Did a hybrid solution....dealer replaced sensors a couple of times and same issue so gave up.

Wanted to keep garage door sensing thru Concord to C4 (for door status/audio signal in alarm keypad). Card Access considered as alternate option.

Got magnetic garage door sensors and wired them up to wireless sensors (more robust as far as signal and closer to my alarm panel as compared to the wireless tilt switches). I have a detached garage. The benefit of Card Access over this is the option for AC power on the sensor (vs batteries in the these).

Ordered stuff on line and installed myself under an hr, works great!

Rori

I have a Concord 4 security system integrated w/C4 system. I also have a CardAcess garage door package to open/close garage doors w/relays and contact sensors to montior the doors. This is great except if C4 system goes down, the Concord 4 doesn't recognize the CA garage door contacts that come w/garage door package since not recognized through Concord 4 wireless panel, and we wanted this option.

So as hybrid the CA sensors are now used for unrelated contacts in our C4 system that didn't need to go through Concord 4. To monitor garage doors, installed 2 NX-650 wireless door sensors that connect to the 2 rail mount contacts that come w/CA garage dr package. By doing this you get to monitor garage doors through both Concord 4 and C4, completely integrated.

Archived