C4 Forums | Control4

Shades for less than $500ea ???

I was quoted $7000 for six 32x60 shades compatible with c4. I have done all the wiring both power and cat6... can someone direct me to a dealer that can do 6 shades for a $2k budget in MD?

Not to be negative, but I think it is going to be very difficult for you to find shades at that price point without seriously compromising quality. My shades are Somfy and the cheapest I have bought was for around $600 with approximately those measurements. You would like your shades not to be too noisy or in need of batteries. Somfy offers a very cost effective product line that, INMH, delivers.

Keep looking, but whichever brand you get quoted, post it on this forum to find out other people experiences with it. It is almost always better to spend a couple of hundreds more and getting a long lasting product than to save a few hundreds and then having to buy the more expensive stuff anyways... (Believe me, this is the advice of a guy that has bought pretty much everything used through eBay...)

Good luck!

Not to be negative, but I think it is going to be very difficult for you to find shades at that price point without seriously compromising quality. My shades are Somfy and the cheapest I have bought was for around $600 with approximately those measurements. You would like your shades not to be too noisy or in need of batteries. Somfy offers a very cost effective product line that, INMH, delivers.

Keep looking, but whichever brand you get quoted, post it on this forum to find out other people experiences with it. It is almost always better to spend a couple of hundreds more and getting a long lasting product than to save a few hundreds and then having to buy the more expensive stuff anyways... (Believe me, this is the advice of a guy that has bought pretty much everything used through eBay...)

Good luck!

I just threw a number out there... 1200 per HD shade felt like a lot. Is the $600 installed or just for the shades and motor? Where can I get that somfy set up? and what are your connections? cat6 and power?

I paid around $600 installed (standalone though, I later integrated it to my system with a remote programmer). I am located way off of MD (I'm in Puerto Rico, where it is ussually more expensive when compared to the mainland...) Regarding the wiring, that is the best part, I did not need to wire anything but power. Somfy has an interface (about $350) that you connect to your Control4 controller (through the serial port) and it controls the shades. (I think that they even released a zigbee adapter for their motors, so maybe the interface is not needed anymore).

Somfy.

$700 ea for the product (Motorized, Somfy Quite Motor)

$1000 for the (5 panel transformer)

$600 for a (Universal RTS Interface w/RS232Z)

$1500 for the installation (note that I did the wiring)

Plus misc cost.

Is this a typical price?

Can folks share their hardware set up.

I think that seems very high. 700ea for the shade could be OK, depends on size fabric cost ect, but given the price and configuration of the other items, I would imagine the $700 price is high. If I am understanding properly that is $200 for each power supply. CRAZY! The RTS interface can be had online for about 350-400. Does that install cost only include mounting and motor/ remote programming, or does is also include c4 integration? Somfy motors program to remotes in about 5 minutes. I love somfy, consider buying the somfy parts for a fraction of that price, then taking it to a seamstress to have the fabric cut seamed and placed on the roller. Self install and self program somfy. Pay your dealer to integrate. Or look at Lutron battery powered honeycomb stuff, they start at $300 each.

Archived