C4 Forums | Control4

Driver for Fujitsu Halycon Reverse Heat Pump / AC

sjj31a

We have a guest suite over our garage that is self contained and has its own heat and cooling source. We use the above unit Model ASU12RQ. My now defunct dealer had it set up great except he only programmed in codes for 70, 72, etc. We originally had set up to run when someone triggered the motion sensor. However given the cold weather in Michigan we found that shutting the unit on and off is not a good thing as it causes to freeze up during the winter (doesn't have this problem during the summer when in AC mode). Anyway wondering if anyone has a complete driver for this that my dealer can then install. This is a great unit for the purpose I just want to be able to control via c4. I already have IR blasters etc in place and can turn on and off but cannot set temps other than one or two.

Thanks!

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Ok All I have finally figured it out. For anyone who is using a reverse heat pump / AC this is a must read.

1) I now understand why the manufacturer is so bent on not letting the IR codes out. I had it set up so that when motion was detected it would check the c4 thermostat (not hooked up just monitoring) and send an on or off command (that was the only ones I could read via C4). The problem with this approach I found out was that you CAN'T turn off a heat pump during the winter or else you risk a freeze up. It must circulate and defrost itself, hence any application below 60 degrees should not be used.

2) I could not capture the IR codes for the temp and heat and cool and swing functions anyway via the C4 system as they sent little pulses that were too quick to pick up. My posts on remote central and other forums were fruitless as was my conversations with Fujitsu.

3) Finally I got today a GLOBAL CACHE IR Learner. They are about $100 and plug into your serial port. push a switch and presto hex codes in multiple formats that you can cut and paste into your drivers. I was a skeptic but I have seen the light.

http://www.globalcache.com/products/ir-index.htm

I now have everything working!

I am glad this is not my only source of heat in the house but for what it is used for (ie guest suite above garage it is perfect!).

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...

Archived