C4 Forums | Control4

Hdmi troubleshooting - matrix and extenders

I just bought a hdmi matrix and some hdmi extenders. I cannot get a picture on any tv. These are Altoona extenders and huum extenders. I have tried multiples sources, cables, inputs and outputs. Since both extenders are not doing anything, I'm assuming that there is something wrong with what I am doing. I have done the edid learning but still can't get any picture. Any help / recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Could also  be the matrix - did you try direct connection to a TV? Or did you test the CAT cable run from matrix location to TV?

What Atlona extenders? I had an issue once with Atlona where all the CAT wires were terminated in "A" - changed to "B" and it worked (Still not sure on the details - al Atlona would say is "use B" and refused to explain, suspect weird wire pairing used caused interference in "A").

Bypass the matrix and send a source straight to a set via the extenders.  If you get picture from a source, its something in the matrix. If you dont get picture, look at the pinout of each rj45 termination to make sure the terminations are the  same as suggested (a cheap rj45 tester will also verify this). Verifying picture is working through the extenders should answer the question real quick. What type of hdmi matrix is it? I'm assuming you mean Zuum extenders? 

Archived