C4 Forums | Control4

UniFi NVR Driver

msgreenf

I have a UniFi NVR driver that I have been working on that I am ready for 2 beta testers.  Please Note the driver is VERY limited due to an incomplete, undocumented and unsupported API.

The driver support Snapshot and RTSP H264 video.  It doesn't support PTZ controls or anything like that because there is no API for it.

Due to the lack of capabilities, I have priced the driver what I think is a fair price.

If in the future, the API improves, I will write more features and may raise the price for future purchases.

Please let me know if you are interested in beta testing. Please be a dealer/programmer so that we can quickly iterate if needed.

32 minutes ago, Stuart England said:

I currently have the NVR working through the generic IP camera driver.. bit of a mission getting the snapshot and RTSP working but it works.. how will your driver differ?

It won't be significantly different as UniFi Video has no real api.

You will have to provide the following things in the driver properties:

1) API Key

2) camera ID

3) RTSP ID

Then the driver will take care of the rest.

Are you a dealer? 

27 minutes ago, Stuart England said:

the biggest thing I am looking for is motion detection to kick off events - have you found a method to do this?

nope :( but if I do, I will implement it!  Ubnt really needs to document their video APIs

1 minute ago, appliedautomation said:

Whats changed since last week?

i basically decided, i didn't care about what I was told and I was going to do it anyway!  I want to deliver a working solution today to help people.

Just now, cdepaola said:

Ha... thought it was dead and the Amcrest driver is working awesome so I sold my UniFi camera and NVR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

awesome!  The Amcrest integration is _much_ much more feature rich!  so good decision :)

3 hours ago, AMG1199 said:

Not a dealer but use UniFi G3 cameras and NVR. Using some generic driver but would be willing to try. 

if that is providing H264 and snapshot video, i dont think there is going to be any advantages to my driver

So as per our UniFi announcement we will be working on the Network gear first, and camera drivers will come also.  We will be integrating features beyond the basics of just showing the video and snapshots.

These will also be official drivers as we are working in partnership with them.

Archived