C4 Forums | Control4

Led issues and I might be losing it at this point.....

tims

Ok guys I have avoided having to ask this but now that I have spent so much time trying to figure this out lets see if you guys can... So as far as the LED on configurable switches are concerned that is where my issue exist. I have about 30 of these in my house and getting them to do what I want is lets just say challenging but I have some odd stuff in here as well. here goes:

Look at this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/br9ji1z6pwcq3ko/Screenshot 2017-01-28 11.25.19.png?dl=0 as you can see I have configurable keypad set to lamps (no load on that lamp button BTW) and no matter what I do I cannot get that button to turn blue unless I just leave it to push/release like shown.  Let me define a little

1. I understand the LED colors when scenes are involved are controlled by the scene in programming
  2. I understand that LED Colors when attached to a load binding is controlled by the load binding switch 
  3. I "Think" that the default LED values for the LEDS are configured in the home page on the lighting tab and ai have done that

I am a little mystified here that I see this all over the place like for OFF buttons or anything that you want to set custom. I am in the latest version of composer pro so I have the flexibility to do whatever it almost like the programming even if set to programming is ignored for some reason. I would love to figure this out! I tried not to ask... Stubborn i guess! 

Thanks!

Ok guys I have avoided having to ask this but now that I have spent so much time trying to figure this out lets see if you guys can... So as far as the LED on configurable switches are concerned that is where my issue exist. I have about 30 of these in my house and getting them to do what I want is lets just say challenging but I have some odd stuff in here as well. here goes:

Look at this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/br9ji1z6pwcq3ko/Screenshot 2017-01-28 11.25.19.png?dl=0 as you can see I have configurable keypad set to lamps (no load on that lamp button BTW) and no matter what I do I cannot get that button to turn blue unless I just leave it to push/release like shown.  Let me define a little

1. I understand the LED colors when scenes are involved are controlled by the scene in programming
  2. I understand that LED Colors when attached to a load binding is controlled by the load binding switch 
  3. I "Think" that the default LED values for the LEDS are configured in the home page on the lighting tab and ai have done that
I am a little mystified here that I see this all over the place like for OFF buttons or anything that you want to set custom. I am in the latest version of composer pro so I have the flexibility to do whatever it almost like the programming even if set to programming is ignored for some reason. I would love to figure this out! I tried not to ask... Stubborn i guess! 

Thanks!

This is all very possible. Will send some screen shots

shortly.

Happy Automating!

Is there a reason why you have not set the keypad LED behavior to "PROGRAMMED"

then:

Program under the lamp, not the keypad?

When living room lamp power changes

?If lamp is on

>Set led current on keypad X to red

It is because your current script is turning it on hen off instantly. Before you could even see it happen.

Do you want it to flash?

Or follow the state of the light?

Ie. if lamp is on set led to on colour

If lamp is off set led to off colour.

Happy Automating!

If you want it to follow. I assume you cannot do the connections due needing composer pro to make the connection.

Two options

, 1. pm me and I will help as I am a dealer.

2. Go to the light you are controlling in programming. Then press right on keyboard twice and then click on light_state. On right side select the light and then the tab "conditionals" then radio button light on and double click the blue ? Then the radio button light off then double click blue ? And then select the keypad and then the button and the use led on and off green arrow drag onto the corresponding blue ? So it looks like this.

If room lamp light_state changes

?if lamp is on

-->set keypad lamp led to on

?if lamp is off

-->set keypad lamp led to off

Happy Automating!

PS. Please forgive he rough grammar. Using iPhone while I have three kids crawling on me.

If you need more info let me know.

22 minutes ago, tims said:

Thanks for all your help guys. I finally got it by doing this. Not sure why but this just had me thinking cloudy. Here was the fix 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cn32t4ul0bhmuml/Screenshot 2017-01-28 20.46.34.png?dl=0

yep, what i suggested :) 

Just know though, your trigger for that LED is the KEY PRESS. So if you turn on the lamp using navigator, the LED will not change for that programming.

3 hours ago, tims said:

Funny u mentioned that. I just figured out a smarter way. Posting it soon 

The smartest way is programming it off the lamp, that way, no matter how the lamp is turned on or off, whether its from a tablet, an ipad, an iphone, or a keypad, the LED programming remains active :)

Living Room >> Living Room Lamps

When living room lamps power state changes

?if living room lamp is on

>set led current on media room keypad lamps led to XXX

?if living room lamps is off

>set led current on media room keypad lamps led to xxx

and then make sure you have the keypad set to "PROGRAMMED" under the Monitoring tab.

That's what i did. I also found that if you programmoff scenes do the same So the leds light reheard of where activate. 

Now.... I need to do the same with music activity. What's your take on the best way to do that. Thanks so much for your time here!

14 hours ago, tims said:

Thanks for all your help guys. I finally got it by doing this. Not sure why but this just had me thinking cloudy. Here was the fix 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cn32t4ul0bhmuml/Screenshot 2017-01-28 20.46.34.png?dl=0

I just noticed you programmed based on the button press. TO BE CLEAR. a BEST practice method would to program based on the light changing state (ON/OFF) that way the light will change i the light is turn on/off from another device or action.

1 hour ago, VINCELdUB said:

I just noticed you programmed based on the button press. TO BE CLEAR. a BEST practice method would to program based on the light changing state (ON/OFF) that way the light will change i the light is turn on/off from another device or action.

you keep posting exactly what i say, after ive already posted it :)

That's what i did. I also found that if you programmoff scenes do the same So the leds light reheard of where activate. 

Now.... I need to do the same with music activity. What's your take on the best way to do that. Thanks so much for your time here!

Just misread this post.

Happy Automating!

Music and video. I have this working in many scenarios. Would you like me to share a few projects so that you can follow along the programming to achieve this.

I have one keypad with 3 media options.

Sports, Music, Lounge.

When lounge is pressed, it will turn the other two LEDs to off and the current to on. Then if it no longer is active, or if another scene is activated, the LEDs will follow suite.

Happy Automating!

Archived