C4 Forums | Control4

FollowMe driver crashes controller

This driver with the latest update has been crashing my controller for 3 months now. Like I said now causing reboot after reboot non stop even with updated driver.

Eventually the system just locks up and I need my dealer to bail me out. I have had a loner HC800 for several months now while he test's and monitors my HC800.

Without the driver the controller works fine, one of his technicians brought it home and hooked it up to his project which is way more complex than mine. With this driver

active system crashes, without runs like a charm.

I like or use to like this driver and paid good bucks for it and ticked that it has such a negative impact on my system.

I am open to any suggestions I can pass along to my dealer. He uses the driver and some of his other clients and techs with no negative impact.

This driver issue ( locking up system ) has not made me popular around the house and I have been asked to get rid of automation. Now that the culprit has been found I have to restart

my selling campaign.:unsure:

PS.

My dealer informs me that his Control4 rep had removed the driver  from his project !  I dont know the reason but ................

6 minutes ago, cdepaola said:

Had the same issue, pulled it from my system too. It's too bad, was a good driver. P

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really liked the programming I had going with it .... oh well

We had an issue with controllers crashing right after the OS2.9 release due to some internal changed to the DriverWorks API not allowing certain function calls until the controller had fully initialized. That was fixed in October of last year. If you are still experiencing issues with the latest version(8.0.5), I would like to see what we can do to get it fixed. 

We had an issue with controllers crashing right after the OS2.9 release due to some internal changed to the DriverWorks API not allowing certain function calls until the controller had fully initialized. That was fixed in October of last year. If you are still experiencing issues with the latest version(8.0.5), I would like to see what we can do to get it fixed. 

Yup, upgraded to the newest version and it continued to crash the controller repeatedly.

I'd be happy to help, PM or email me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived