C4 Forums | Control4

Automated blinds and second automation systems

H16_15_12

Question

I am looking at automated window treatments, and some C4 threads recommend Bali and Vera.  The Bali part is easy.  I looked up Vera on the web and it looks like another automation system.  Is this correct? 

It looks like Lutron is also an automation system. 

Do I have to install a second automation system additional to Control4?  (I already have Nexia for my Trane thermostat, and have used Ring; getting too crowded)

If so, what do I need to get up and running?  Another computer controller, plus the devices a the windows?  goals are reliability, simplicity (I program with ComposerHE), sensible cost

Thanks!

C4 forum thread 1

C4 forum thread 2

C4 forum thread 3

2 answers to this question

On 4/15/2018 at 2:37 PM, H16_15_12 said:

I am looking at automated window treatments, and some C4 threads recommend Bali and Vera.  The Bali part is easy.  I looked up Vera on the web and it looks like another automation system.  Is this correct? 

It looks like Lutron is also an automation system. 

Do I have to install a second automation system additional to Control4?  (I already have Nexia for my Trane thermostat, and have used Ring; getting too crowded)

If so, what do I need to get up and running?  Another computer controller, plus the devices a the windows?  goals are reliability, simplicity (I program with ComposerHE), sensible cost

Thanks!

C4 forum thread 1

C4 forum thread 2

C4 forum thread 3

Lutron RA-2 shade has wider range of selections.  Ir is better to have lighting and shade  as primary, so your network or C4 is down, you still have full control from Lutron RA2 for your lighting and shade control. 

Luton is always good and Control4 also has proper Somfy drivers that many companies use. Qmotion sells wireless zigbee shades that work very well and are easy to install and integrate directly into the system.

Archived