C4 Forums | Control4

Streaming audio ( alone) without casting through TV to ceiling speakers from youtube music

I use IPhone Shairbridge  for Streaming audio ( alone) without casting through TV to ceiling speakers from youtube music, it's multi step, and disconnects easily when I switch from my youtube app, in other words either I need to have a dedicated Ipad  or unused iPhone to have this streaming ( long playlists) to continue is there a way to avoid this? 

I have spare android phones used as C4 remotes, but couldn't get any app accomplish the shairbridge functionality.

Is there an easy integration available for youtube music just like the other music streaming  services ( Spotify, Deezer, Tunein, Napster etc)

thanks

Airplay and casting are not the same thing. Casting plays the stream on the device while. Airplay plays it on the phone. Very different.

I would recommend a chromcsst audio connected to an input to truly cast

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Sorry, I think probably my question was not phrased properly, I don't have apple TV, and my intent is to listen to audio from YouTube music service through my ceiling speakers without having the stream cast to my TV screen 

I didn't understand what you meant  by  airplay plays it on the phone?. 

I have posted some screen shots, I have to go through multiple steps picture # 2, 3,4,5 in that order and return to my YouTube screen,

is Shairbridge synonymously used here for airplay?

Does your answer mean I can't play my YouTube audio  without chrome cast audio to my different  audio zones through C4?

Thanks for your response 

1560225B-E8D4-41E5-8F5E-FBBC896F186D.thumb.png.92b08c164aa312ba2afb34efe28b536b.png

78FA931C-1A44-4B15-A61B-D52E01A76576.jpeg

259AC7ED-FD85-4328-9163-A8E1B912FD70.jpeg

2609670F-D95A-4CA7-AB0F-84903A17A578.jpeg

C1582BEA-64B7-49E8-A8C9-0131B7684D41.jpeg

16 minutes ago, jingcha said:

My question still is If I can play my YouTube audio  without chrome cast audio to my different  audio zones through C4  through any other option and if  there are any other ways of streaming using shairbridge on and iphone without interrupting an active Youtube app and lastly if this can be accomplished on Android phone/tablets ( again without using chromecast audio)

Archived