C4 Forums | Control4

Unifi APs - difference in 2 models

eggzlot

they change their SKU's and models so often.  I need a pair.  Residential house with 2 people.  So not concerned about amount of concurrent users or kids who are bandwidth hogs.  

UAP AC Pro - 2.4Ghz at 450 Mbps and 5Ghz at 1300 Mbps (I believe there is a model with "e" at the end which is $10 less and just doesnt include the PoE injector??)
Unifi nanoHD - 2.4Ghz at 300 Mbps and 5Ghz at 1733 Mbps

Better to have the faster speeds in on frequency range over another?

The AP HD is out of my price range at 2x the price.  The size difference between the UAP AC Pro and the nanoHD is no issue for me.  both of these are going in places where visual aesthetics arent super important.

I have some older Unifi gear, I have a cloud key, so I am staying with Unifi, so please no recommendations on other hardware :-) I've read many threads over the years on all the options out there, sticking to Unifi, just trying to make sense of their every changing SKU line up.

The nanoHD is the newest model.  It's smaller than the AC PRO (it's the size of the AC-Lite).  The nanoHD is 4x4 MIMO as well, compared to the AC Pro which is 3x3.  Of course, you'll have to have capable clients to take advantage of this.  My advice is to use the nanoHD's - especially since they are smaller.

57 minutes ago, LollerAgent said:

The nanoHD is the newest model.  It's smaller than the AC PRO (it's the size of the AC-Lite).  The nanoHD is 4x4 MIMO as well, compared to the AC Pro which is 3x3.  Of course, you'll have to have capable clients to take advantage of this.  My advice is to use the nanoHD's - especially since they are smaller.

thanks

i was leaning towards the nano.  I heard there may have been some bugs early on since it was a new chipset and stuff.  Hoping by now that is all settled.  I just wish it was the same spec as the Pro just a smaller form factor, 1 (not 2) ethernet ports, etc...change a premium for its smaller size and the skin options....

Archived