C4 Forums | Control4

Direct log error question

Good day,

I cleaned up our rack last night and installed the 2.10.5 update.  Everything seems to be running fine but I noticed a  ton of repeating errors in my director log.

They repeat every few minutes and seems to be hitting just about every active IP address on the network.  It's almost like a SDDP or Upnp process gone wild.

The error message is ERROR: Flash: Failed to retrieve device info from x.x.x.x

The interesting thing is none of the IP addresses it is reporting are system components - they are all non-control 4 things like router, switch, nas, pc.

Any ideas what this might be or means?

Thanks

• 1 month later...

On 11/4/2018 at 1:07 PM, poisenoire said:

Good day,

I cleaned up our rack last night and installed the 2.10.5 update.  Everything seems to be running fine but I noticed a  ton of repeating errors in my director log.

They repeat every few minutes and seems to be hitting just about every active IP address on the network.  It's almost like a SDDP or Upnp process gone wild.

The error message is ERROR: Flash: Failed to retrieve device info from x.x.x.x

The interesting thing is none of the IP addresses it is reporting are system components - they are all non-control 4 things like router, switch, nas, pc.

Any ideas what this might be or means?

Thanks

Did you ever figure out what was causing these errors?

Also, did these errors cause any observable issues with your system?

On ‎12‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 7:33 PM, enigma1406 said:

Did you ever figure out what was causing these errors?

Also, did these errors cause any observable issues with your system?

Hi,

I never did, but I haven't seen any real issues with the system but it seems this is rather chatty network communication and I'd like to limit it if there is an actual error involved.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having the same errors in my log and my system is becoming very slow periodically.   I'm not sure if they are related.   I looked through some other logs and I think those messages *may* be related to the automatic driver update agent.   Do you have that turned on?

Archived