C4 Forums | Control4

Intercom App - use alternate camera?

As anyone who has one will tell you, the DS2 camera is pretty crap, especially in low light and mixed light/shade.  I've got another (higher quality) external camera set up as the "alternate camera" for the doorstation intercom, and that works on the T3s in the house when the doorbell rings, but the Intercom App doesn't seem to respect the setting and will only show the atrocious  DS2 camera.  Would very much like to be able to use an alternate camera in the app - the built in camera looks nothing like the image they show in the app marketing materials :)

The setup page for the DS2 you can access by browsing to the IP address of the DS2 in your system also has a way to specify an "external camera", but it's greyed out; i wonder if it's only for the 2N devices.

Does anyone have any idea on how to get the app to display an alternate camera?

thanks, Will

following up on my own issue - the 2N site says that an "Advanced Video" license is needed to set up an external camera.  The DS2 web configuration page the doorstation serves up has a spot for entering a license key, but it's unclear how to get one.  The 2N support person says "contact your distributor" but has no answers when i point out it's Control4. 

Anyone managed to talk to a 2N distributor before?

-will

Archived