C4 Forums | Control4

Wiring DS2 to gate

Hi all,

Before I blow anything up :) I wanted to ask for help on how to connect my DS to my Gate motor to have it available to open when a code is entered etc. Software wise I am all good its the hardware side that I am not the brightest. I have the wires in position (had them pull the relevant wires). I have the diagram of the gate motor (attached) and the manual of the DS2 would someone be so kind to point out to me what I connect to where?

DS2 Wiring.jpeg

GateMotorWiring.jpeg

Its not very clear on the motor instructions, you can see the open and close relays but its not clear which terminals relate to them. I would call the manufacturer to get the right info, you need to know which relay is normally open or normally closed and if the relays need to be momentary or maintained. On the DS2 side if you look at the three terminals marked relay, the terminal on the left is normally open (NO) the middle is common (COM) and the one on the right is normally closed (NC). hope this helps

Thank you very much for the reply. Do I need to have NC and NC connected to the trigger? I agree the gate manual is confusing - 

I have been testing different setups. For example I can get the gate to open using a code on the  keypad that I set. But then it will not close...... I have to manually set the gate set it to closed then it responds again.

Interesting enough .. when I get the gate to open through the DS2 and its open, it then doesn't close with the remote. I have to do the manual move above.I tried with NO and nothing happens. Tried with both NO and NC connected (have COM in the middle of the relay to COM on the gate motor as you suggested).

I am just stumped

• 1 year later...
On 1/22/2019 at 8:11 AM, ILoveControl said:

Thank you very much for the reply. Do I need to have NC and NC connected to the trigger? I agree the gate manual is confusing - 

I have been testing different setups. For example I can get the gate to open using a code on the  keypad that I set. But then it will not close...... I have to manually set the gate set it to closed then it responds again.

Interesting enough .. when I get the gate to open through the DS2 and its open, it then doesn't close with the remote. I have to do the manual move above.I tried with NO and nothing happens. Tried with both NO and NC connected (have COM in the middle of the relay to COM on the gate motor as you suggested).

I am just stumped

Did you ever get this figured out.  I have a somewhat similar problem

I connected the DS2 NO and COMM to the gate's NO and COMM, the gate opens but I can't close it via C4.  I can with the remote, just C4 is only sending open signals to the device.  Do I need to connect both NO and NC from the DS2 to the gate?  I think I did that and the remote stopped working... (been screwing with this for at least 6 hours) and if I remember correctly it didn't work either but it's so late I can't try again now given its so dark.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.